Assurance Wireless is a federal Lifeline Assistance program brought to you by Virgin Mobile. Lifeline is a government assistance program. Enrollment is available to individuals who qualify based on federal or state-specific eligibility criteria. The Assurance Wireless offer provides eligible low-income households with free monthly data, unlimited texting, and free monthly minutes.
Enrollment is available to individuals who qualify based on federal or state-specific eligibility criteria. You may qualify if you or a member of your household participate in one of these assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)/CalFresh
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
You can also qualify based on household income. If you are unemployed, you can use your Unemployment BenefitLetter as proof of eligibility until 6/30/20.
The Lifeline Assistance program is available for only one wireless or wireline account per household.
Separate households that live at the same address may be eligible, including residents of homeless shelters and nursing homes. Residents with temporary addresses may also be eligible.
To see if you qualify, choose your state from the links below.
If you don’t see your state right now, it means Assurance Wireless is not yet available in your area. Check back to see if we have expanded service into your area!